Wednesday, October 7, 2009

They don't look like Titans...

We go in to week 5 of the season with 2 wins from 2 and I'm determined to keep the run going with a hat trick of victories.

I've thought long and hard about backing Houston this weekend and I may still have a punt on Sunday but for the time being I'm going to leave it.

The bet I am having is on the unbeaten Indianapolis Colts. All the firms have follwed Vegas and made them 3.5 point favourites which I am certain they will cover, in their last meeting in week 17 of 2008 the Colts triumphed 23-0 - albeit the victory meant more to Indianapolis at the time. Tennesse had a great season last year until they blew up in the play offs and they started reasonably well kicking off the season with a narrow overtime loss to the champions Pitsburgh (who have since lost twice). However since then things at Tennesse have gone down hill.

With Tom Brady not back to his form of 2007 I think Peyton Manning is the best QB in the football league, whereas veteran Kerry Collins has been struggling this term so much so that he has recieved the dreaded vote of confidence from his head coach Jeff Fischer, with Vince Young chomping at the bit to take over we may well see a change in the not too distant future. Tennesse have lost so far to Houston, New York Jets and Jacksonville whereas The unbeaten Colts have already won 2 road games including a very convincing win at last years Superbowl finalists Arizona, winning 31-10.

Manning has managed 1336 yards for 9 touchdowns to Collins' 914 yards for 5. In Fact when you look through the stats of both teams so far you cannot find any areas where Tennesse have an edge. They have more rushing yards on the board than Indianapolis but that is due to the confidence of the quarterbacks right now because The Colts far outweigh them on total offensive yardage.

All in all I think it will take a tremendous turnaround at LP Field for Tennesse to turn the tide and beat Indianapolis.

The Colts look a good bet to me at -3.5 10/11. Lets hope Peyton rips them apart to take Nutty Sports to 3-0.

On another sporting note the Baseball play offs are under way and it is going to be an exciting few weeks. There is no aftertiming allowed on this blog so I can't mention the bet I had in May on St Louis, but I have a feeling we will see what is a very strong New York Yankees team take on St Louis Cardinals for this years World Series and I can't wait for the action to get underway.

With the NBA season starting up I will try and convince Nick Sharratt to post some advice and information over the forthcoming season. Nick has a very indepth passion and knowledge for basketball and it would be great to get some of his thoughts up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment