Saturday, October 10, 2009

X Factor goes live!

My Saturday nights will once again revovle around the television for the forseeable future as the X Factor goes live. There is just too much money to be made trading both the outright and elimination markets "in running" and if I'm honest I actually think it's a really entertaining show.

As in all betting markets research is everything. I have a 13 year old daughter called Hollie who can be invaluable in reality show knowledge. I think it's a great advanatge to find out what the feeling is in the school playground and the informtion of what the kids are talking about has to be considered as they make up a large proportion of voters.

Each week on the show the acts tackle a different artists's work or genre and it is fairly easy to find out in advance what each act will sing. This is a slight edge because not all players on Betfair will be aware of this and if someone has a tricky or awkward number that might not suit them it is well worth taking it on board. I will review any song I'm not sure about through You tube because every effort will help.

It's unlikely I'll be trading too much tonight becasue I would prefer to watch and learn as the acts who are bound to be nervous tackle the live shows for the first time, but I have copied the songs they will sing below so we can preview a few thoughts.

Rachel Adedji - Let me Entertain you
Stacey Solomon - The Scientist
Lucie Joines - Footprints in the Sand
John & Edward - Rock DJ
Miss Frank - Who's Loving You
Kandy Rain - Addicted to Love
Lloyd Daniels - Cry me a River
Rikki Loney - Back to Black
Ollie Murs- She's the One
Danyl Johnson - And I am Telling You
Jamie Archer - Get it On
At the moment I cannot confirm which song Joe McElderry is singing although it is a Robbie Williams track.

So looking at the above I cannot say that I'm pleased with my early punt Rikki's song. It could be a bit of a car crash to be honest but hopefully this will mean he will improve next week! Lloyd Daniels I am told is popular in the school playground but he might murder his number. I think it could be a repeat of last year with Louis having two acts in the bottom two with Kandy Rain and the Twins because they really are weak, but like I said I think tonight is very much a night to watch and learn.

When trading the elimination markets the price fluctuates so much it is really very profitable. The main thing to remember is that Simon really is by far the best judge. Dannii and Cheryl are honest but not in the direct and wholesome way Simon is. Simon will tell it straight whether it be his act or even damaging his chances and he really is very rarely wrong. When Simon heaps praise or criticism then the price will fluctuate madly thereafter. Anytime you can predict his response will leave you in a very strong position.

Enjoy the show tonight, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment