Monday, February 15, 2010

Fan Feedback

It looks like I've picked up a fan by the name of Jersey Dan.

I thought I'd start a post for the first time with a little rhyme. In fact that's two now so I'm going to stop.

I received a comment on my "Season ROI" post from a guy calling himself Jersey Dan. While writing a blog that is open to everyone I of course leave myself open to criticism and that's fine. Nobody could top the stick I received when I ventured to Flushy's house a while back anyway.

However, while I accept and and even welcome views from others what I will not accept is accusations that are not true. Jersey Dan claims that I have been changing my picks during game time. Now this is absurd. As many of you know - my readers basically consist of a few friends and ex-colleagues - when I have posted a bet I have done so well before game time and advertised the fact via Facebook and Twitter and on occasions via email. I have placed the bets myself and I know some of you have followed me in on occasion, so editing the post would not only be pointless but it would be highlighted. In fact on a few occasions when I have discussed my bets and thoughts on the the NFL thread on www.blondepoker.com nobody has at any stage thought I have changed my picks.

Jersey Dan doesn't explain why he thinks I have changed my picks, and offers no evidence. The only thing I know about him is that he opened a twitter account for the sole purpose of replying to one of my tweets. Dan claims that my blog is now a place where he and his buddies like to go to have a laugh. I doubt this, I really do, can you see someone who sets up a blog and a twitter account just to make false accusations having any buddies? No, neither do I.

I appreciate your comments Dan and I continue to welcome them, but please support them with evidence in the future or why not show off your ability in finding winners by explaining why you agree/disagree with my thoughts in the comments section below each post.

18.54% ROI is nothing to crow about whatsoever, especially having given 7 consecutive winning picks at the start of the season. I will continue to blog for if nothing else a way to record my profit and loss and I am not going to try and kid myself in the process.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way this dude doesnt include his losing bets on the outright winners in his 'profit' for the year. Lets have a bit of transparency here and not massage the figures man. Cant wait to see some more 'winners' from this guy. This blog is spreading like wildfire around campus- people cant believe someone could be so ignorant about a sport and then have the audacity to make predictions. Jesus you need a reality check man.

    Peace out dude,

    Jersey Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spreadin like wild fire? Lovely, I hope you and your school chums are clicking on the adds ;o)

    ReplyDelete