Monday, October 26, 2009

Week 8 Lines

Miami gave us cause for concern on Sunday but Drew and the boys battled back to cover comfortably. In fact they won by 12 points which was very close to my 11.5 line that I compiled last Monday.

So on to week 8 and I've compiled the lines which at the moment are just early thoughts, there were a number of key injuries in Week 7 so they may well change over the next few days. There are also a couple of matches that are tricky this week. Buffalo had another good win so pricing them up at home to Houston is not clear cut, likewise with the poor road form of Chicago who travel to a weak looking Cleveland side.

Chicago -3.5 @ Cleveland
at Denver -2.5 Baltimore
at Buffalo -1.5 Houston
at New York Jets -4.5 Miami
at Minnesota -4 Green Bay
Indianapolis -9 @ San Francisco
Dallas -3.5 @ Seattle
at Detroit -4 St Louis
at Jacksonville -4.5 Tennesse
at San Diego -7.5 Oakland
at Arizona -5.5 Carolina
at Philadelphia -2.5 New York Giants
at New Orleans -9.5 Atlanta.

It's the first time this season that I have made the Giants underdogs but having lost their last two games the last place they would want to go is to divisional rivals Philadelphia. Green Bay are looking a useful side this year and they take on Brett favre's Vikings again in what could be another cracking match, whereas I doubt many are eagerly awaiting the match up between St Louis and Detroit.

I'll post the Vegas lines tomorrow. I'll be looking even harder this week because I want to find winner number 6.

EDIT: I've some of the fixtures the wrong way round again - thats twice the website I searched for them on has been incorrect so it makes a big difference to some of the lines. Chicago are actually at home to Cleveland so we don't need to worry about their road form and they will need to overcome a bigger handicap than I originally credited them with. Like wise Dallas and Green Bay are both at home and the line will change. Baltimore host Denver and therefore I'd expect a swing in points there and Finally Jacksonville visit Tennesse so some rethinking regarding that match will also be neccessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment