Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why is it only 6?

I'm putting up this weeks bet a bit earlier this week because I'm fairly certain the line will change before kick off, and If it doesn't I am going to back it every day this week because I think it's my strongest bet of the year so far.

So straight to the point - and I apologise to all you Fins fans but I'm backing New Orleans in week 7 and they only have a 6 point handicap to cover. Less than one touchdown against a 2-3 Miami side. Miami rebounded well last season making the playoffs having gone 1-16 in 2007. They had a great 4th quarter against the Jets to steal the game in week 5 with 6 seconds to go and come fresh off a bye week, but as followers of this blog will know the Jets have lost their last 3 and have not lived up to their early promise. The fins' other victory also came in a divisional game against Buffalo at home.

When betting it is always advisable to back the form "horse" and they don't come in any better from right now than The New Orleans Saints. They are 5-0 having smashed the New York Giants 48-27 last weekend. Thats the number one ranked defense they put 48 points past! Drew Brees completed 15 straight passes in the first half and threw a 369 yard 4 touchdown game. Let me remind you that was a 369 yard 4 touchdown game against the best D-Line in the NFL this season.

New Orleans are real contenders this season and I wouldn't be suprised to find them in the Superbowl this year which ironically is in Miami. Looking at a few basic stats, The Saints average points per game is 38.4 which is ranked number one in the NFL over 5 games and Miami are ranked 15th with 22.4 over the 5 games. When I compiled my lines yesterday I made the Saints 11.5 point favourites and I'd be prepared to lay that so when the firms post up a 6 point handicap to cover I get very excited. The Saints are also ranked number one in the National Football league with an average of 430 offensive yards per game with Miami again at 15th with 340 per game.

It's clear Vegas and the firms favour the home team, but in my opinion they have over favoured them here. New Orleans only need to win by a touchdown to cover this line and I think they will do it comfortably.

I'm 4 and 0 for the season but this is my first 2 point recommended bet. Get stuck in and reap the rewards.

New Orleans -6 @ 10/11 generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment