Sunday, November 1, 2009

X Factor week 4 elimination.

I watched the show back last night and I'm not suprised one iota that Olly Murs has gone clear favourite. He was an original pick and I do expect him to be right bang in it at the business end.

Reviewing the other performers last night I feel Lucie - who I've not been a fan of to date had her strongest week, I enjoyed her performance and would have to think she will sail through to next week. Jamie probably wasn't as good as people expected him to be, he was solid and I still think he has one of the stronger voices but when a lot is expected of you it is very hard to deliver. Louis sees him as the weaker link in Simon's group and attacks him relentlessly but I'm sure viewers will see through it because Louis is not of high intellect and struggles to make a good point and often lets himself down further with nothing short of bitchiness.

After Stacey performed the highlight apparently was that "she walked". It wasn't great and to be honest none of her songs have been anything other than dull. How long can her personality keep her in, for my money not that much longer.

Excluding the twins I think it obvious that Lloyd was the worst performer again last night. Will his legion of fans come to his rescue again? He has (with Joe & Olly) been topping the weekly phone vote according to my source. I think he will be safe enough for a while yet, which is a shame because better singers who aren't considered as good looking will suffer in the meantime. We must take this in to account when betting though, and I am considering a lay of Lloyd at around 5/2 for elimination this week.

Rachel wasn't quite so animated post song this week, which can only be a good thing. I think she performed well and is definitly improving. I'm not certain she has enough "fans" and although they saved her last week that could have been a one off sympathy vote and she might find that they don't pick up the phone for her again this week.

The Twins are starting to annoy me, they are without doubt the worst act to ever appear in the finals of X Factor. Louis thinks they are likeable and people should vote for them. The man is a hypocrite. This is not a popularity contest, the key point is being a gifted singer and they are bordering on being tone deaf. I think their joke voters will save them for a while yet, but personally I hope that they leave and the competition can go back to being a tough singer contest.

Danyl was all about the PR this week, with him trying to look humble but in due process forgot to perform well. It's a tough call, he still is one of the market leaders and last week might be a case of fans spreading their vote thinking he was safe. If that was the case expect him to be first through tonight, if it wasn't then he could again be in the bottom two, becasue it was by far his worst night yet.

I actually quite liked Joe's song and performance last night. He changed gears a bit I felt and I think thats important. He is not a contender for bottom two this week but it is possible that viewers are starting to see his limitations. Simon said at boot camp he felt that Joe was a year or two away from being ready for this competition and I agree totally with that statement. He really is not a likely winner for me. I think he will need Lloyd to go soon to pick up any extra votes and that might not be possible.

So in summary, it's a tough one to call. I think Dannii would be the most concerned today for I can't see her not having to save one of her acts tonight. It'll probably be Rachel but it could be Stacey.

1pt LAY @ 5/2 Lloyd to be eliminated in week 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment