Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Something A Bit Different.

I've decided to leave the match up between Minnesota and New Orleans alone. I won't be having any sort of bet in this game because I think anything is possible. I will just enjoy what I hope will be a spectacle.

As for the match up between Indianapolis and New York Jets I have something a bit different. I am going to go short on the points. It is possible to get under 40.5 points with William Hill and Totesport.

My initial line was as low as 36.5 so I have studied the stats and how the teams match up. Lets start with the basics. The Colts are ranked no.2 in the NFL for pass offense averaging 26.0 points per game. The Jets are ranked no.1 in the NFL for pass defense conceding an average of 14.8 per game. (for the record Colts concede an average of 19.2 and Jets score 21.8).

So what happens when the best passing offense meets the best passing defense? Hard to say, so lets break it down some more. The Colts have scored an average of 23.87 points at home during the regular season (conceding 16.66).

The Jets have scored an average of 23.3 points per game on the road, slightly more than their overall average (conceding 15.5).

An interesting point here is that the Colts have only played 2 teams that finished with a winning record and the Jets have only faced one. I think this game could be a very low scoring affair.

This game is going to be tight. I think it obvious also that the Colts will pass the ball and the Jets will run the ball. Therefore each team's defensive coordinators will be working on the respective defensive areas.

It might not be exciting going short on total points but it should prove profitable.

1pt under 40.5 total points Jets @ Colts 10/11 Will Hills & Totesport.

No comments:

Post a Comment