Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wild Card Matches.

Don't you just love the British way. Here is a nation with the greatest history. Packed with great leaders, explorers and warriors. A nation with the best armed forces in the world bar none, a rich and glorious past.

Yet as soon as the wind blows or a bit of snow falls we become utterly useless. Public transport can't function, workforces are limited and everyone stays home with the heating on. I'm not sure today's society would win a World War, Hitler's timing was all out in my opinion.

Anyway on to the action and we have 4 wild card games this week. I felt a bit aggrieved that the Texans didn't make the cut having made an incredible comeback against New England. Denver threw it away against Kansas but Cincinnati couldn't do us a favour and New York Jets take the last AFC spot.

I actually blame Indianapolis for this, had they went for their perfect record last week and kept their star players on the field, The Jets would have been out of the race. Imagine the fuss Wenger would make if Ferguson did something similar in the Premiership.

Nothing we can do now though other than plough on searching for another bet. I have compiled my lines for this weekends action.

Saturday 9.30pm GMT

at Cincinnati -3 Baltimore

Sunday 1am GMT

at Dallas -6 Philadelphia

Sunday 6pm GMT

at New England -4.5 Baltimore

Sunday 9.40pm GMT

at Arizona -1.5 Green Bay

My son is a Green Bay fan so I will be cheering them on with him, I also have a bet on Dallas so as much as it hurts they will also have my support. There is a long way to go yet but for the time being I will study hard to see if there is a bet I like.

By the way, I couldn't be bothered to finish off the Nutties. So no awards this year for the Rookies or Quarterbacks. I'm sure they will get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment