Thursday, February 11, 2010

Season ROI

So that's it, no more football for six months.

The Superbowl was probably a little disappointing in many people's eyes because so much was expected. We never saw the shootout spectacle that we all anticipated but I'm sure the people of New Orleans won't care one little bit.

It seems ironic really after all the talk about Peyton Manning being the best of all time that it was he that was picked off for the decisive play.

Drew Brees quite rightly won the MVP award but it could have been so different. Our 25/1 tip (tipped up in the Racing Post at 20/1) started very well. Joseph Addai rushed for 77 yards and 1 touchdown and an Indianapolis win may well have seen him take the award.

The next action us NFL fans have is the draft and I may well draw up some ideas of what each team will be looking for nearer the time. Before that though we do have the start of Major League Baseball and I will post a preview of the season with some ante-post bets as we prepare to tackle the bookies once again. At the moment only World Series prices are available so when the firms publish the rest of their markets I will be ready to pounce.

So how did we do betting wise? I was disappointed with our regular season figure of 20.6% ROI and we didn't improve in the post season.

We had a nice touch when The Jets beat The Chargers but had Green Bay beaten Arizona things would have been so different. Our Post Season figures are even less appealing returning 18%.

When toting up all bets for both the regular and post seasons our ROI stands at 18.54%.

It is a profit, of course - but we wouldn't expect anything less. Lets hope the new MLB season brings richer rewards. There is also a new season of Britain's Got Talent on the horizon so hopefully we can follow up on last years 25/1 success.

2 comments:

  1. I have to comment on the absurdity of this guy. Claiming to be in profit for the year when he was changing his picks after the fact and as the games were in progress?JESUS. This guy is a joker. This blog is me and my buddies favorite place to come look at for a joke. He wouldnt know the offense from the defense!Now he is going to be giving advice on baseball?Give me a break. Stick to the cricket buddy.

    Jersey Dan

    February 11, 2010 3:28 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for your thoughts Dan, but nothing has ever been changed or edited.

    I blog to record my results and by doing so open myself up to criticsism like yours but I have NEVER edited anything as regular readers will confirm. Feel free to post a link here directing me to where you provide winners so I can see how much money you are making.

    Nutty.

    ReplyDelete