Monday, October 4, 2010

A Good No Bet Week.

It's been a pretty good sporting weekend. I've been glued to the Golf this week and managed to come out slightly ahead having backed a few top point scorers.

It's a shame they had to hold it in Wales in October (or Wales at all really) but it did prolong the action and a lazy Monday in front of the TV watching top sporting action is never a bad thing.

I didn't have a bet on the NFL this week, most of my early lines were very similar to that of Vegas and the firms and I really couldn't find anything I liked enough to invest, which on reflection with a few suprise results probably wasn't a bad thing.

Another favourite of mine is the X Factor (possible spoiler alert coming up). This weekend showed the remaining contestants at the Judge's houses awaiting their fate. Of course the final 12 have been fairly common knowledge for some time now but it still makes good TV.

What always makes me laugh when these shows are aired is the constant bitching about the decisions made on people's Facebook status'.

I'm sure Simon Cowell loves the attention as it displays the popularity of the show even now it's in season 7 but I can't understand a lot of it.

I saw one status that claimed to "HATE" Cher Lloyd. Wow, a kid (just turned 17) taking a shot at her dream and within a couple of hour long shows you hate her? Got to imagine that persons life isn't up to much.

I also saw another one that was happy to confirm Cheryl Cole's racisim because she didn't select Gamu.
I happen to believe that Gamu was the best vocalist in the competition, but I also understand her visa had run out and it is likely the show didn't want to risk her when she was very possibly going to get deported. Was she better than Katie, of course she was, it wasn't even close, but lets not get carried away calling Ms Cole a racist, or perhaps that was why she divorced Ashley?

There is to be a twist to this weekend's first live show, and although this is by no means confirmed (the firms are still betting wider than the final 12) my understanding is that there might be another contestant added to the field via a viewers vote. If that is the case I encourage you to vote for Gamu.

My bets on X factor so far have been limited, I wanted to back Gamu, but won't until she is a confirmed runner. I have backed Aiden Grimshaw at 10/1, who I think will improve every week and is very likely to be popular with the female viewers, I've had a bit on Cher Lloyd too at 9/1, she is different to any other act, Simon might realise that he can't keep churning out ballad singers and well racist or not, Cheryl really likes Cher and I get the feeling she might just concentrate most of her efforts on her.

Difficult to say who will be first out at the moment, Katie, who is getting some bad press because Gamu missed out is the early favourite, but I think there might be some mileage in Nicolo Festa going first at 8/1. He's not going to have a strong fan base from Italy and against 2 other very strong contenders in his category might struggle to avoid the bottom two.

More to come this week, I'll be studying the NFL matchups hard this week, I'll be looking into the Baseball playoffs, keeping my ears open for any X Factor news and playing a little Poker.

So until then happy punting.

No comments:

Post a Comment