Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Championship Matches

Again, I haven't been updating as much, things have been fairly hectic and to be honest I'm in need of a change of fortune. Sometimes blogging can feel like the last thing on your mind.

I did have a very enjoyable weekend watching the divisional matches in the NFL. After seeing The Steelers edge past Baltimore I was on tenderhooks for The Packers game in Atlanta.

As some of you will know I backed Green Bay for the Superbowl back in August, I had written of their chances a while ago considering the injuries they have suffered throughout the season, but things seem to be coming good just at the right time.

They turned it on against Matty Ice and co in the dome and looked every bit like real contenders. In fact following New England's elimination the firms generally make them 7/4 favourites to win the world.

New York Jets were awesome at Foxboro. I can't remember seeing secondary coverage that good before. Tom Brady, one of the all time greats was given as much time as he liked in the pocket and still struggled to find a reciever.

So on we go to the Championship matches where New York Jets travel to Pitsburgh in the AFC and Green Bay travel to their divisional rivals Chicago in the NFC.

I'm going to be keeping my powder dry this weekend and concentrate on cheering on the Packers. Personally I hope Pitsburgh get it done in the AFC because I think Rodgers and the Pack will match up far better against The Steelers than The Jets, but I do think both games could go either way.

No bets this weekend, but a few of us will be in town on Sunday to watch the games, the likely venue will be Bodeans-Tower-Hill if anyone fancies coming down. There will no doubt be a bunch of degenerate side action taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment