Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 6 - Lets Go!

A big thank you to Nick Sharratt for his NBA preview. When the website is up and running I hope we will hear from Nick regularly with his insight.

So on to week 6, and it might just be the toughest week yet. It looks like I have got Houston wrong again according to Vegas anyway whose lines Nick has posted as a comment on an earlier post.

I really wanted to back Green Bay this week but there is no way I am interested when they have a 13.5 point handicap to cover. After the usual deliberation I have invested my money on Buffalo.
To do this we have to forgive them a woeful performance at home to Cleveland in week 5 but if we're searching for a positive from that game they did only concede 6 points.

New York Jets return home from two consecutive defeats on the road including a narrow late loss to divisional rivals Miami. Divisional games tend to be tight affairs as rivals try not to concede too much ground to each other and thats one reason why I think a 10 point start for Buffalo will be more than enough.

Taking a look at the team stats for the season so far it's no suprise that The Jets have more rushing yards with 660 to The Bills 588. The overall offensive yardage reads 1488 to New York and 1451 to Buffalo which is only a 37 yard difference over the 5 games. This obviously means that the Bills have put up more passing yards with 863 to The Jets 838.
The Bills have much more sacks with 12 to The Jets' 4 and that shows maybe a weakness in the passing defense of New York which may allow Bills' Quarterback Trent Edwards a little more time and the ability to step into the pocket while searching for Terrell Owens and the like.

In my lines this week I made the Jets 5.5 point favourites and I think that will be much closer to the money, it really should be a tight affair so lets go after Stan James and Coral's money.

1pt Buffalo Bills +10 @ 10/11 with Stan James and Coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment