Saturday, October 17, 2009

Diva week.

So to the 2nd live show of this years X Factor, and it could be a complete car wreck. I think Simon is trying to camp the show up a bit this year to add comedy value as it has become clear to me that it's the worst bunch of wannabees in a number of years. I've copied the songs below - I think they've been very generous when referring to Britney as a diva...

Girls:
Stacey Solomon - Leona Lewis, Bleeding Love
Lucie Jones - Whitney Houston, How Will I Know
Rachel Adedegi -Beyoncé, Halo
Boys:
Lloyd Daniels - Mariah Carey, Without You
Joe McElderry - Whitney Houston, Where Do Broken Hearts Go
Rikki Loney - Whitney Houston, I Will Always Love You
Overs:
Danyl Johnson - Shania Twain, Man! I Feel Like A Woman
Olly Murs - Beyoncé, Single Ladies
Jamie Archer - Gloria Gaynor, I Will Survive
Groups
John & Edward - Britney Spears, Oops I Did It Again
Miss Frank - Whitney Houston, All The Man I Need

First thing that stands out to me is that Cheryl appears to be looking after Joe with a lot more thought than her other 2 acts. She obviously wants him to do well coming from her home town and it's starting to show already.

Olly Murs could be bang in trouble tonight. Why is he doing that song? I'd imagine he'll prance about the stage trying to "flirt" with the cameras but like I said it looks like a car wreck waiting to happen.
Danyl Johnson seems to be playing up to the comments Dannii made last week, and it looks to me as if they are not even taking the competition seriously. The groups should be fine, they are playing to their strengths, J&E can jump around in a comedy manner and have the long chorus drown out their inability to sing and Miss Frank have a decent song in my opinion.

I think Stacey is taking a chance tonight especially after what was said about Lucie (the jolly) last week after she dared to attempt a Leona number - Simon won't be impressed no matter what because Leona is his one big success from this show.

Jamie as weird as it seems will probably nail that karaoke number. I expect Rachel to be safe this week, they have found her a great song and I reckon she will be the first one through. Lucie could have played it safer and I'll be watching interestingly to see how she deals with the slightly more upbeat number. It looks like a tactical choice but it could go wrong. Lloyd should sneak through no matter what - his choice is fairly safe. Rikki has a song he will be able to sing well but at this stage with the votes spread out across so many contestants I really can't see the Scottish fans not getting him through.

With the results show being on a Sunday this year (I'm not a fan, I have to stay in all weekend now and it clashes with the NFL) the voting takes a different dimension. This week I'll be looking to get in a few early positions with Olly, I think he could be in the bottom 2 this week and it doesn't take long for a suprise exit in this show.

I think we will definitly see a suprise in the bottom two this weekend. Olly or Stacey could well be the shock candidate, and I wouldn't rule out Lucie either. I might just have a couple of quid on each of them at a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment