Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 6 Elimination.

Having crowed about how easy trading the elimination market has been I made a right hash of it this week. Worse still I was trying to demonstrate my "winning strategy" to my brother-in-law which probably mirrored a Monty Python sketch.

Queen week doesn't really work for me, I'm not a big fan and the acts reminded me why.

Jamie was trading around 6/1 before his performance and it is generally accepted opening the show is a slight disadvantage and I don't think the song choice helped him much. His price to be eliminated now stands at around 11/4 and shortened slowly throughout the night. I think Jamie is bang in trouble tonight but I hope I'm wrong.

Lloyd is still the favourite but his price as stayed pretty constant and he was at least handed some positive comments from the judges. I personally thought his vocals weak again. Lloyd may be another act to benefit from Lucie's departure as some of her Welsh voters may transfer to Baby Becks.

Were Jedward any good? I think they are improving but when you start at the bottom there is only one way to go. They are still awful singers. Their price has eased steadily and are now 3rd favourites to go.

Olly and Stacey appear to be very safe. The elimination of Lucie has strengthened Stacey's position in several ways in my opinion. They need to keep a girl in the show if only to offer some variety and like I said in an earlier post I think she the more likely to pick up the most of Lucie's voters.

People appear to like Joe, but I don't. He just doesn't look believable as a pop star to me. When I watch Olly he seems so comfortable on the stage but Joe always looks uneasy. He is obviously Cheryl's favourite. However, I am sure we will see him in the bottom two very soon.

Danyl was good, but must also be considered for a bottom two place. Since finding himself there a few weeks ago he has bounced back but fans may start to get complacent with him again. It has happened a few times in these shows before where fans spread their votes to other acts assuming Danyl or the like are safe and it has backfired. This could happen again this week.

Looking at the market on the exchanges I think it might be worth a small lay of Lloyd to be in the bottom two. It is possible to lay it at 4/7 at time of going to press but I imagine it will be possible to lay it at 1/2. I think his fans will continue to vote this week, as I said earlier he may well pick up some extra Welsh votes and he did have his best week according to the Judges.

1pt Lay Lloyd week 6 bottom 2 at around 4/7

No comments:

Post a Comment