Saturday, November 7, 2009

X Factor - Movie Week.

So on we go to week 5 of X Factor and apparently that means we are now half way through. There have been a few late song changes this year but at the time of going to press the below is correct.

John and Edward – Ghostbusters.
Danyl Johnson – Purple Rain.
Stacey Soloman – Mad World.
Olly Murs – Twist and Shout.
Jamie Archer – Unchained Melody.
Joe McElderry – Circle Of Life.
Lloyd - Footloose.
Lucie - This Is Loose.

John and Edward, what can I say? I'm sure they will be in full Ghostbusting uniform prancing around the stage and the only thing in doubt is what track will they massacre next week.

It's a good solid song choice for Danyl, it will let him attack the vocals and display his voice, really should be safe this week.

Jamie could be in trouble, he is getting some bad press and this song has been done to death. I'm not sure how many people will be urged to pick up the phone after hearing Unchained Melody for the millionth time.

Joe also has a dodgy song. If I recall correctly in a previous series Eton Road were eliminated when covering this song. It's not great and although Joe is one of the market leaders he may well be in trouble this weekend. I expect the judges to criticise Cheryl's song choice again this week.

Really not sure about how LLoyd will pull Footloose off. I think we may see a big stage show similar to the twins tactics in order to detract from his vocal performance.

Personally I would have liked to see Olly take more of a chance, its a bit predictable singing Twist and Shout but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Stacey may also struggle. I'm not sure how this song will suit her and she will be forced to "stand still" again rather than the miraculous walking she did last week which is bound to be mentioned.

Lucie's song is a aimed at the target audience, it will probably be a popular pick and will likely be enough to see her through to week 6.

I will write an update tomorrow before the elimination show after I have reviewed the performances a couple of times. At this stage though it may be worth considering a bet on Jamie to be in the bottom two.

No comments:

Post a Comment