Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Seventh Heaven?

I have literally spent the last 24 hours thinking of nothing but football, American football of course. I looked at Chicago in some depth who are 3 & 0 at home but just could not split them enough from an Arizona side who are 3 & 0 on the road to recommend a bet. Something will have to give but I can't be sure what.

Likewise with Baltimore, they could quite easily follow last weeks win against Denver with a good win in Cincinnati but after the Bengals' week 5 win at Baltimore where Cedric Benson rushed for over 100 yards (the first player to do so against Baltimore since 2006) I just can't be sure enough. Cincinnati look decent this year, WR Chad Ocho Cinco seems to be fitting in better this term and offers quite a talent. Another no bet game for me.

Houston have had their best ever start to a season with a 5 & 3 record and I'm still hopeful that they can make the play offs. I don't think Indianapolis will cover the 9 point handicap but with Houston's TE Owen Daniels out for the rest of the season following his injury against Buffalo I'd like to know who is going to replace him. Personally I'd like to see The Texans play WR Glenn Martinez at TE to offer the similar pace and threat that Daniels does but it is likely that they will play it safer. I can't quite justify a bet here, but I do expect it to be another tight divisional battle.

So where have I placed my money in order to make it 7 out of 7. I've put it firmly in the hands of Jake Delhomme and his Carolina Panthers. Delhomme will be fit for Sundays game against his old team New Orleans Saints. I know it's unusual to take on a team with a 7 & 0 record but this is the time to do it. Delhomme is actually 8 & 2 against his old club and that is a big positive.

As I have said in an earlier post The Panthers are rated no:1 in pass defense and they will run the ball hard offensively which is all the right assets to have against New Orleans.

Carolina were quick out of the blocks against Arizona on Sunday and ended up beating last years Superbowl runners up 34 - 21 and keeping Larry Fitzgerald fairly quiet in the process.

Yes New Orleans are at the top of their powers but the more thought I put into this divisional match up the more I am confident that my original line of -7 will be much closer to the mark. Carolina have won 3 of their last 4, they made the play offs last season and will be going all out for that AFC wild card spot.

Coral are the only firm left offering Carolina +14 now as all the other firms have dipped below the 2 touchdown line. Get on quick before it's all gone.

1pt Carolina Panthers +14 @ 8/9 Corals

No comments:

Post a Comment