Sunday, November 22, 2009

X Factor - Week 7 Elimination.

I'm glad they referred to it as George Michael week on the show because Wham week would have been a disaster.

As it was I am starting to think that this format has run it's course, I'm not finding it nearly as entertaining as last year and I think it will need to be changed or re-vamped to continue with as much popularity in future seasons.

On to the performances and I elected not to trade the markets this week. In fact I think it easier in the early weeks because as we near the business end it really should go down to form. Votes are not spread so thinly as the stronger acts start to pick up the spare votes and it's for that reason the bottom two this week really should be Lloyd and Jedward with Danyl being the only other possibility.

Lloyd sang Faith and it may well have been his best performance. However after so many weeks coaching acts really should be getting better. Cheryl decided to give him a new look having seen the difference it made for Danyl but I think that was obvious to the viewers. Louis Walsh managed to show his hypocritical side again when commenting on Lloyd's performance. "This is a singing contest, and there are better singers than you." How can we take that comment seriously when he has been hyping his act as entertaining? If Simon does change the format he really should replace Louis, he is of no value whatsoever.

Stacey had another good song choice and although shaky at the start she picked it up. I actually thought she sounded a bit nasal at times last night but she is a sure fire finalist.

Jedward have also improved their vocals, practising everyday with professional coaching would improve anybody. The rap was awful, they were completely out of time.

Danyl had a big song, but I didn't care for the performance very much. I actually found it quite flat and would have preferred a more energetic routine. He is in my opinion the only likely candidate other than the favourites to be in the bottom two this week.

Olly was not at his best this week, but he did try something different after constant pressure from the judges. He is nailed on for the final but for the first time I think he needs to pick it up a little bit more.

Joe got the plum spot and the plum song this week. It was a good performance and I dare anyone to disagree. I have problems with Joe though. This time last year they were criticising Diana for not being able to dance. Why has this not been mentioned to Joe (or Stacey for that matter)? I also don't like his accent being so obvious when he is singing. He looks like he will be in the final, but he's still not the winner for me.

In summary there will be no bet this week. I do expect the market to be correct and have Lloyd and Jedward in the bottom two. If that is the case then Louis and Cheryl's votes will be obvious. Danni will save Lloyd, because she has been consistently honest throughout. So we come down to Simon again who I think will take it to the public once more. Lloyd might just survive it if that is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment