Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Nutties

The less said about the last bet the better and I'm not getting involved this week as it will be difficult to be sure of who will be playing and who will be rested. On top of that it will be a crucial last week for all the teams chasing the AFC Wildcard spots.

Basically there are five teams in the AFC with 8 & 7 records and only 2 Wildcard spots. As someone who has a big priced ante-post docket with Houston written on it I will be praying that they can somehow sneak in. The other teams involved are New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens. There are a lot of possible outcomes and it will make for a great final days viewing.

Moving on from the action and I have decided to review the players performances this season in way of an inaugural Nutty Sports awards from now on known as "The Nutties". We will have awards for the following,

Quarterback of the year
Running Back of the year
Wide Receiver of the year
Tightend of the year
Rookie of the year

Of course the D-Line will miss out but they are used to it I'm sure. I will be kicking of with a review of the position I fancy I'd have played in my youth, running back. The review will start tomorrow and there will be one a day for the next 5 days which will coincide nicely with the end of the regular season.

Please feel free to post your comments or views whether you agree or disagree with any of the nominations and award winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment