Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Divisional Play Off Bet.

If the action is any where near as good as last week we are in for a treat. I'll start by posting the Vegas lines with my lines in brackets.

Saturday 16th 9.30pm

at New Orleans - 7 (6) Arizona

Saturday 16th 12.15am

at Indianapolis - 6.5 (6) Baltimore

Sunday 17th 6pm

at Minnesota - 3 (1.5) Dallas

Sunday 17th 9.40pm

at San Diego - 7 (4.5) New York Jets

Firstly I wouldn't put anyone off a bet on Dallas. Not only on the handicap but the 5/4 currently offered by William Hill looks like a big price to me. I will be having a little bit on but seeing as I am wrapped up with the Cowboys on the outright it won't be my main bet this weekend.

I'll be taking on San Diego this week. New York Jets match up very well against The Chargers. The Jets who are ranked 1st for rush yards in the NFL (172.2) should have plenty of success against a D-Line ranked 20th conceding 117.8 rushing yards per game.

The counter argument form San Diego fans will be the form of Philip Rivers and the passing game where they are ranked 11th with 209.2 yards per game, but they won't find The Jets so accommodating in this area. New York are ranked 1st in the NFL for pass defence conceding only 153.7 yards per game.

Furthermore they are ranked no.1 overall on defence averaging only 252.3 yards and take top spot on points conceded too with an average of 14.8.

Yes, the Chargers are on fire but I think the Jets will put them out. Rivers will not find so much room in the secondary and the D-Line will be over worked on the ground. I gave the Chargers only 4.5 points to cover and that was mainly because they are at home. It is possible to get The Jets +7.5 and that is a must bet.

The Giants won the Superbowl on the road in 2008 and their D-Line was responsible for a lot of their big plays. It is hard to win it all on the road but with the right defensive tools it is very possible. The Jets have the tools and that is why I will also be investing a small amount on them to win the match at around 11/4.

I hope you enjoy the action as much as I will. Let go Jets.

2pts New York Jets +7.5 @ 10/11 Generally.
1pt New York Jets 11/4 Generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment