Monday, October 11, 2010

Dodging Bullets Baby!

Following on from my last post I forgot to include what turned out to be an all important scenario.

Scenario 3): All judges invite 1 act back, call them a wildcard and they each bring 4 acts to the live show.

Now obviously had I considered this I wouldn't have been laying the "any other" option. To be honest looking back it was something that needed consideration. The show was longer than any other opening show had been and it wouldn't be considered fair for one judge to have a numerical advantage.

Having watched the show I grew a little in confidence. Wagner will survive a few weeks for comedy value, TreyC is very good and Diva Feva like Wagner will become boring in the coming weeks. In my mind that left Paije as a danger, he sounded awful, looked awful and sang a ridiculous song. I expect him to be bottom two next week.

So having dodged that bullet we ended up getting the lot with Nicolo getting the boot first (previously tipped on this blog).

As far as the winner goes it is no suprise to us at Nutty Towers that Aiden is now favourite. Aiden, tipped up here at 10/1 is generally around 4/1 now. We also have a bet on Cher and to be honest I don't expect to be collecting on that. I think she has given her best performance (1st audition),she isn't really likeable and I imagine her fading out around 5th or 6th, I hope i'm wrong because a different type of act winning might just help the show continue in future years.

Atlanta Falcons covered the spread in Cleveland this week getting us off the mark for the NFL season so hopefully we can kick on from there and find another winner for week 6.

I've just arrived back in Spain so will be taking it easy for the rest of the day and intend to post my week 6 lines tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment