Friday, October 8, 2010

Missed The Boat

I had made Carolina 2.5 point favourites this week in their game against Chicago and very early lines released from Vegas and then the UK firms showed they disagreed with me giving The Panthers a 2.5 start.

It was my intention to back them on this line but having looked again it appears they have changed and they now make Carolina generally 1 point favourties. Looks like i've missed the boat here because I can't back them now after a 3.5 point swing. That will teach me to delay matters and not get on early.

So where to for this weeks bet? I had intended two singles and a small double but we are now left with just one single and that rests with Atlanta. I'd given the Falcons 5.5 points to cover for their trip to Cleveland but it is possible to get them at -3 at evens, and that looks like a bet to me.

Cleveland have started 1-3 with a sole win over Cincinnati.

Altlanta top their division with a 3-1 record which includes a narrow win over current Champions, New Orleans. Looking through all the stats The Browns do not match up closely in any area.

The Falcons also welcome back WR Michael Jenkins for this game and with plenty of rushing talent in Turner and Snelling I can see them covering the 5.5 points I made it, so even money for 3 points should be a walk in the park.

1pt Atlanta -3 Evs (Paddy Power, Bwin) @ Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment