Monday, November 9, 2009

7 Up, Now Back To The Grind.

I'm still not sure how much of a sweat Carolina gave us last night. I know a lot of people were only able to get +13 or +13.5 but I felt it was fairly comfortable throughout. The Panthers started well again cruising into a 14 point lead and The Saints had to revert to their running game in the 2nd half to put the points on the board.

I don't think Carolina would have scored from the drive had they not fumbled the ball on their own 2 yard line with less than 2 minutes remaining but the resulting Touchdown by The Saints making the score 30-20 flattered New Orleans in my opinion.

The main thing was we found another winning bet and the time and effort put in is reaping rewards so back to the grind we go. I have compiled my early lines for week 10 below.

at San Francisco -3.5 Chicago
Atlanta -2.5 @ Carolina
at Miami -6 Tampa
at Minnesota -12.5 Detroit
at New York Jets -5.5 Jacksonville
New Orleans -12.5 @ St Louis
at Tennesse -3 Buffalo
Denver -4.5 @ Washington
Kansas -2.5 @ Oakland
at Arizona -6.5 Seattle
Dallas -1.5 @ Green Bay
at San Diego -2.5 Philadelphia
at Indianapolis -2.5 New England
Baltimore -9.5 @ Cleveland

Byes Houston & New York Giants.

I feel relieved that The Giants have found a Bye week. Having made it to 5-0 they now find themselves at 5-4 and a week off with extra practise will be vital to get them back on track before they find themselves with too much to do in the NFC East.

The big match up next week is clearly New England's trip to Indianapolis. I'm giving the unbeaten Colts a narrow edge but they will need to improve on their last two performances to beat The Patriots.

I'll post the Vegas lines tomorrow after the Steelers/Broncos game where I am hoping Hines Ward can score 5 points or more for my fantasy team to give me another winning week ;o)

On another note I was very disappointed with the X Factor last night. I have always considered Simon fairly honest and straight forward but for whatever reason he did not do the right thing last night. I remember his quote just after they had narrowed the acts down to 24 - he said to Louis "If I get the groups, the Twins aren't even getting on the plane".

His actions last night were not worthy of him, he said he would put the best performance through, he did not. Whether he thinks the twins are providing more media coverage for the show or not, it is wrong to make a talented singer like Lucie suffer. Whatever happens won't affect Simon much because he will make money whatever the outcome, but his actions may well be detrimental to his acts as fans of the show fight back the only way they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment