Monday, November 30, 2009

8 & 2.

Miami could not take advantage of their 1st half dominance and buckled somewhat in the 2nd half gifting Buffalo a 31-14 win.

It's never nice to get beat by the bookies, but I think the best lesson to learn here is to avoid teams that are inconsistent. Miami have at times this season played quite brilliant football but on the flip side they have been beaten on a few occasions when they really should have won. It's not a good trait and all in all I think Miami have a lot more to do to really be competitive.

There is a big match up tonight where New England travel to New Orleans. I think New England will win this game and the odds against offered on the money line could well recover yesterday's losses. The Saints have not played a team anywhere near the quality of The Patriots yet and I think their defense could buckle under the pressure that Tom Brady and his O-Line will bring.

Looking at my fantasy team match up this week it is very close. I took Percy Harvin in to the team from the bench and he scored well. As it stands at the moment I am leading 81-67. I have Saints Kicker John Carney to play and my opponent has Saints TE Jeremy Shockey along with The Saints Special Teams/Defense. It is going to be very tight.

I've compiled my week 13 lines (below) but I am mindful that a few important Quarterbacks could be missing next week which would have an affect on the games. Big Ben Roethlisberger missed the Steelers game last night with concussion and his availability will need to be monitored. Like wise with Atlanta's Matt Ryan who was taken off last night. Matthew Stafford of Detroit battled through Thursday's match up with Green Bay and the extra time he gets this week might help but his progress will still need monitoring.

New York Jets +2.5 @ Buffalo
at Chicago -5.5 St Louis
New England -7.5 @ Miami
Philadelphia -3 @ Atlanta
New Orleans -7.5 @ Washington
at Indianapolis -3.5 Tennessee
at Pittsburgh -5.5 Oakland
Denver -5.5 @ Kansas City
at Carolina -5 Tampa Bay
Houston -2.5 @ Jacksonville
at Cincinnati -9 Detroit
San Diego -10.5 at Cleveland
at New York Giants -1.5 Dallas
San Francisco -2.5 @ Seattle
Minnesota -5.5 @ Arizona
at Green Bay -2.5 Baltimore

I will compare the Vegas lines tomorrow as always.

Just a note on the X Factor as we finally saw the end of Lloyd. We are at the semi-final stage now and Joe is odds on favourite. Have I been wrong all along? I really think he would be a weak winner. He has no personality, he cannot dance and his Geordie accent is apparent when he sings. Surely sense will prevail. I would lay him at the price if I hadn't already got certain positions. It looks to me that Simon will lose one of his acts this coming week. I hope he realises that Olly is his best chance of winning because I believe he wants Danyl to win. It seems to be that Danyl is getting the extra effort and best song choices but if he is serious about winning the show then he must concentrate on Olly.

No comments:

Post a Comment