Monday, December 7, 2009

Ups and Downs.

The weekend contained the usual highs and lows and I'd like to be able to say that I got something right but that would be clutching at straws.

Things that went well this weekend:

Olly made the final of X factor. Although I had backed Danyl on Saturday night it is a relief that Olly made it through, he might still have a chance. Obviously it will depend on what happens on the show on Saturday but he may also pick up a good number of Danyl's voters which would hopefully see him get heads up with strong favourite Joe. One step at a time however lets see what news surrounding the show materialises this week.

New York Giants beat Dallas:

It was a no bet match for me but The G-Men performed well and it was nice to see Brandon Jacobs put up some good numbers against the team he openly admits he does not like. A slim chance of a play off spot remains.

Things that went wrong this weekend:

Matt Schaub missed part of the match in Jacksonville after injuring his shoulder in the 1st quarter. I'm not sure how much it affected The Texans chances because they looked pretty awful to me and were beaten 23-18. Another losing NFL week is enough to bring tears to my eyes. We are now 8 & 3 and I am considering a weekend off.

Fantasy Football team:

I needed to win my last game to make the playoffs. I keep leaving the wrong players on the bench. Last night I played Peyton instead of Eli and Eli scored more. I rested Percy Harvin and he came up trumps again. The upshot is I trail by 28 points with Ryan Grant and Derrick Mason playing tonight. A draw will be enough for me but I am going to need touchdown performances from both players to snatch an unlikely win.

I have decided not to compile my handicap lines today, I will do it tomorrow after the Monday Night Football match.

No comments:

Post a Comment