Friday, December 4, 2009

Week 13, Lets Go Texans!

I've taken my time to find the right bet this week having agonised over several match ups. I've decided that this week Matt Schaub should really be able to take us back to winning ways.

Houston were unable to convert a good early lead against Indianapolis into a victory last week but Jacksonville will not offer anywhere near the dangers that Peyton Manning and Co did.

I like the Houston roster, they have one of the best receivers in the NFL in Andre Johnson. Steve Slaton and Chris Brown offer a solid rushing game too. TE Owen Daniels injury has been a loss but I think they will still have too much for Jacksonville.

Houston are ranked 3rd in the NFL for passing yards averaging 283.1 per game. Jacksonville pass defense is ranked 26th conceding an average of 242.9 per game. Texan Quarterback Matt Schaub will be confident of piling up some good numbers on Sunday.

Jacksonville will run the ball and in Maurice Jones-Drew they definitely have a weapon. The Texans will need to work hard to stop Jones-Drew but I'm sure they will be working hard on that in practise.

This is a must win match for Houston if they harbour any hopes of making the playoffs. I made them 2.5 point favourites but most of the firms make this an even match up although with Blue Square you can get Houston +1.

1pt Houston +1 Blue Sq.

1 comment: